100 Facts Oceans includes key topics about Earth’s vast oceans in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page is covered in amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children. A perfect ocean book for kids to learn about physical features, sea creatures and ocean voyages.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Oceans:
• What causes a tide and how it affects the shoreline
• Different oceans and their coverage
• The world beneath sea level and life in a rock pool
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
• The world’s longest mountain chain is under the ocean. It is the Mid-Ocean range and stretches around the middle of Earth.
• Oceans hold 97 percent of the world’s water. Just a fraction is in freshwater lakes and rivers.
• The biggest tsunami was taller than five Statues of Liberty! It hit the Japanese Ryuku Islands in 1771.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Quiz question: Can you find the names of four shells in the puzzle below?
• Test yourself on shark parts by studying the diagram of the shark in the book. Then trace a shark’s body and try to remember the names and label the picture
• Quiz question: What was the name of the fastest hydroplane?