100 Facts Mammals covers key topics about the interesting lives of mammals with concise numbered facts. Each fact is accompanied by beautiful illustrations and photographs, which add visual meaning to the information for kids. This fantastic book is one of our bestselling animal books for children aged 7+.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Mammals:
• Different habitats for mammals that run, swim and fly
• Predators, prey and mammals that eat only plants
• Motherly instincts, using tools and our closest animal relative
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
• Skunks sometimes feed on bees. They roll the bees on the ground to remove their stings before eating them.
• Manatees are said to have been the origin of sailors’ stories about mermaids. Short-sighted sailors may have mistaken these plump sea creatures for beautiful women.
• The cusimanse is a clever kind of mongoose. When it comes across prey that has a tough shell, the cusimanse throws the shell against a stone or tree to break it open and get at the tasty insides.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
• Quiz question: What is the layer of fat on a seal’s body called?
• Make your own food chain by drawing animals in order of which would be eaten and then connect them with string and hang it up
• Ask an adult to measure how fast you can run in 10 seconds and compare it to a cheetah’s speed!
32 in stock