100 Facts Extreme Earth is bursting with fantastic images, fun activities and exactly 100 amazing earth facts for kids. Children will learn everything they need to know about the ultimate limits of our planet.
100 Facts Extreme Earth contains key topics about the spectacular natural features of our planet in simple numbered facts. Every page features fantastic illustrations and photographs that support a child’s understanding of the text. This is the perfect natural disaster and tornado book for kids aged 6+.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Extreme Earth:
– Treacherous temperatures and violent weather
– Natural disasters such as tsunamis and earthquakes
– Shocking scenery and landscapes such as the longest waterfalls and the driest place on Earth
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
– At any one time, there are around 2000 thunderstorms happening on Earth. Lightening strikes somewhere in the world about 100 times every second.
– At the ‘eye’ of a hurricane, in the middle of the storm, it’s calm and quiet, not stormy at all. The eye only lasts a short time, until the rest of the storm arrives.
– The Bible tells of a great flood that covered the world in water. Some scientists think flood stories may be based on flooding that happened around 10,000 years ago after the last Ice Age.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
– Create a tornado in a bottle with just two plastic drinks bottles, water and sticky tape!
– Quiz question: Challenger Deep is deeper than Mount Everest is tall. True or false?
– Make a rain gauge with a jar or food container that you place in the ground. Use a ruler to measure rainfall over a few weeks
Author: Anna Claybourne
46 in stock