100 Facts Exploring Space is bursting with exactly 100 fantastic facts, incredible images and fun activities. Children will learn everything they need to know about the wonders of space exploration.
100 Facts Exploring Space includes key topics about deep space and other worlds in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page showcases amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children. A fantastic kids’ space book for both confident and reluctant readers.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Exploring Space:
– Planning and preparation for a space voyage
– Blast-off, travelling through deep space and reaching the target of orbit
– Space landers and robotic rovers
Examples of ‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
– The Cassini-Huygens mission to Saturn is the most expensive mission ever. It cost more than $3.3 billion – the price of 12 Airbus A380 super jumbo jets.
– The fastest spacecraft, and the fastest man-made object ever, was Helios 2. It neared the Sun at 42 miles per second!
– A craft entering Neptune’s atmosphere would be met by the fastest winds in the Solar System – ten times stronger than a hurricane on Earth!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
– Make a rocket using a cardboard tube, sheet of card, sticky tape and scissors
– Quiz question: Spacecraft have many devices, but rarely microphones to detect sound. Why?
– Create your own orbit using a sock, tennis ball and some string. See how long it takes to orbit the further you lengthen the string