You Save: $8.99 (53%)
100 Facts Arms and Armour is bursting with exactly 100 amazing facts, fascinating images and fun activities to help children aged 6-10 years learn everything they need to know about the history of combat.
– Covers arms and armour from ancient times to modern-day warfare.
– Quizzes throughout help your child to recall facts they’ve learned.
– Fascinating facts add amazement and humour to learning for kids.
Synopsis – Product details
100 Facts Arms and Armour covers key topics about the art of attack and defence with exciting numbered facts for young learners. Each fact is accompanied by beautiful illustrations and photographs, which add visual meaning to the information for kids aged 6-10 years.
Topics covered in 100 Facts Arms and Armour:
– Changes through the ages in the function of armour and materials for arms.
– The difference in appearance of knights and warriors from around the world.
– Modern developments on the battlefield such as chemical weapons.
‘I don’t believe it’ fascinating facts:
– The oldest signs of warfare come from Krapina, Croatia. Human bones over 120,000 years old have been found there that show marks caused by stone spearheads.
– At the Battle of Agincourt in France in 1415, the English killed 10,000 Frenchmen, but only about 100 Englishmen lost their lives.
– In the Fiji Islands, warriors would often use a wooden club shaped like a pineapple to attack their victims!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive:
– Make Zulu puppets using card, ice-lolly sticks and crayons.
– Quiz question: How was leather armour treated to make it tough?
– Create Sashimono flags using just paper and string.
106 in stock